EXPERIENCE EUROPE IN SUMMER!
Going for a Contiki European tour in the summer?
Not sure what to take with you?
Well worry no more as below there is an extensive list of the ideal items to take!
Keep in mind this is not a definitive list – everyone has individual fashion tastes, preferences, opinions, and styles in terms of what they want to wear and bring along! This is meant to be a good guide to help you in packing for your European vacation.
• 1 rainproof jacket/small umbrella
• 2 or 3 shorts/skirts
• 1 thick sweater
• 1 or 2 Swimwear and beach towel
• 1 or 2 pairs of jeans
• 2 or 3 T-shirts
• 2 or 3 casual shirts
• 1 set of nice clothes (eg going out dress, tie, blazer, jacket or suit for evenings out on tour)
• Comfortable walking shoes
• ‘Going out’ shoes
• Toiletry bag and contents
• Suntan lotion
• Insect repellent
• Travel Clock
• Plastic bags
• Washing powder
• Sewing kit
• Pens and writing materials
• Rechargeable phone card
• Power adapters
• Day bag
• Overnight bag
- (An overnight bag is simply a small backpack-sized bag that you bring yourself and you pack with clothes, toiletries and anything you think you may need for the next day)
- Label your suitcase inside and out with your name and your home address and perhaps attach a sticker, ribbon, patch or other unique identifier to your luggage to make it easier to spot. Carry a copy of your passport, visas, travel and other important documents as well as your travellers cheque numbers (if you use them) with you in your luggage. You should also leave a copy of all this information at home with someone trusted and contactable while you are away.
- Don’t pack your travel documents and passport in your luggage, rather take it with you in your carry luggage. Remember to bring more than enough of any medication you might need along with you and carry prescriptions for any medications that you carry with you.
Camping and Concept/Budget Tours
If you are traveling on a Camping or Concept/Budget Tour you should also pack:
• Towel – perhaps a quick dry towel if you like to shower on the departure mornings so you won’t have to pack a wet towel in your luggage
• Sleeping bag
• Toilet tissue
• Flashlight Laundry Facilities Information regarding Laundry Facilities as you travel through Europe.
Enjoy your trip to Europe!